Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Nurse Claire




I have to praise my little Claire who has been quite a trooper in the last few weeks. Lucy had a terrible case of pinkeye and a high fever. She spent most of the week in my lap. The poor thing was miserable. Thank goodness she is much better now! Claire was very understanding and helpful during all of it. She even learned how to say "Bless You" when Lucy would sneeze. The funniest thing happened after Lucy was better but I caught pinkeye. I picked up the drops from the pharmacy and the girls watched me as I put them in my eye for the first time. They were both standing at my feet and when I opened my eye and looked down. Claire said, "Good Girl Mommy". I guess she payed attention all those times I had put drops in Lucy's eyes the week before!
BUT....... She still is only 20 months......Literally, as I wrote this post and thought that the girls were still sleeping....... I went up to get them and found that Claire had taken her pajamas and dirty diaper off and it was everywhere! Something this first-time mom learned this morning..... don't flush baby wipes down the toilet in an old home.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Love your girls!

Katie said...

Claire and Lucy you are so smart!